Saturday, March 7, 2009

2 Months & 10 pounds



Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating about the weight gain (Thank God!), but honestly, I feel like I'm constantly eating. Nashville has some of the BEST food I've ever had, and nobody looks at you like "You're gonna eat THAT! Tsk, Tsk." However, I do feel like I need a couple dozen stick thin models flaunting themselves around me, because they are good for committing to a diet.

Some of my fav spots so far are:

The Sunday Brunch at the Daily Dish. http://dailydishfranklin.com/index.html

Woolands Indian Vegetarian: 3415 West End Ave - Kick Ass Lunch Buffet for like $7.00 a person. Delightful!

Best Salad Bar in the World: Jason's Deli

Club Cabana: http://www.clubcabananashville.com/home - More expensive , but has that LA Vibe - Cabana style tables with iPod hookups and televisions
Nashville is a beautiful city. The houses are gorgeous, and the weather has been a nice mix of winter snowfalls and island-like Spring air. No smog!

All of the hot spots are close to each other, and drinks prices are decent. If you live in Nashville proper, a cab ride won't cost you more that 15 bucks. I'm not a fan of the cover charges at bars. Milking the tourists for all they have. It doesn't matter if you are a hot chick or not - you are not getting in unless you pay up. But, also unlike LA - the door guys don't pull the list bull crap and turn you away. You wait in line, and you'll get into the club when you reach the front of the line. (unless you pay a VIP skip the line charge) The clubs I have seen aren't that pretty, and don't come close to those in Los Angeles.

Most of the clubs are live music (The Mercy Lounge is mint!), so I'm on a hunt for a good dance club. Graham Central Station is kind of cool; multiple floors with bars ranging from Coyote Ugly-ish, Karaoke, Dance, and live rooftop music. I just feel that there is too much going on - young crowd meets older crowd- all different genres of people. It's a fun night - but a slight fluster cluck. Not something you can do all the time, and a rowdy crowd. http://www.grahamcentralstationnashville.com/

APARTMENTS: We are currently apartment searching. Rent is considerably cheaper here, in comparison to LA. Green Hills is like the Valley of Nashville. There's a nice mall, Trader Joes, small restaurants and bars. I believe it's Hillsboro Pike that is on the bus route to downtown; so although the public transit stinks here - you're good if you live in a complex near there.

A 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with a washer and dryer in the unit, and amenities like a pool and rec room would run about 1,200 a month. There are some gorgeous lofts Downtown, but those are about 1,300 for a 1 bedroom, and 1 parking spot. The location might be worth it normally, but not in this economy.


PET PEEVE: Beer has to be sold at a different location than Wine and Alcohol, and Wine and Alcohol are not sold on Sundays - which I can live with. It just sucks when you have to run to a bunch of different stores. Trader's for cheap and delicious cheese (NO TWO BUCK CHUCK!), Kroger's for groceries and beer, and then the liquor store for a bottle of wine (which is a bit more expensive here in Nashville).

Speaking of wine: Country StarKix Brooks has an amazing vineyard a little outside of Nashville. Guy and I went for Valentine's Day.




CURRENT BUSINESS I HATE: Check out my review of these bloodsuckers that I posted on Google. I was wicked pissed after dealing with them. LA wanna-bes. I miss Media City Tan :(

Sun Tan City 2016 W End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 Maybe they haven't heard that we are in a economic crisis - Mar 3, 2009
It's a beautiful salon with very polite workers, but whoever owns this place is living in another world. You are seriously going to walk me through this place, knowing that I want just one month of tanning and forget to tell me that this is a membership salon.
If I sign up for a package, my card will get automatically charged every month. Really, I needed to bring that up before you disclosed this info? (Tsk, Tsk) We all need to help eachother out in these economic times, not rip eachother off.
Just be honest, and maybe I wouldn't have walked out. Wait, yeah, I would have. $50 a month for a basic bed is just enough to turn my heels. I'm not a snob, I'll go to the cheaper place with the less flashy website, older beds, and fewer decorations. It's cool.
I'm sure that fancy fingerprint technology you use to make sure I don't let someone else use my membership jacked up the monthly charges quite a bit. Funny how you are so afraid others will steal from you, yet you are the shady ones.
Tan 2000 - Here I come.

So, that sums up my time here in Nashville so far. I had a great time at the Country Music Seminar this weekend, but I'll wait until tomorrow for that post!

Off to Kyle Cease at Zanies tonight. S.O in the hizzzzouse!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nashville, CA, United States
Ten random things you may not know about me:
1. I broke my arm at an Elton John concert.
2. I once stole a dozen eggs from Herbie's in Worcester, MA.
3. I'm a vegetarian.
4. I graduated with a degree in Theatre (side studies: Music and Journalism...for those of you that think a Theatre degree is a waste of time and money.)
5. I took a year off of college to travel the country and Canada with a children's theatre production.
6. I met NKOTB.
7. I drive a Scion XA.
8. I know the McDonald's Menu Song by heart.
9. I want to open a Bed and Breakfast someday.
10. I have crooked fingers :)